This web page has a set of references and tools for researching the bible, the history and the Holy Land.
This page has a set of useful research references and tools:
(1) Biblical references (KJV):
You can also search the bible – in our info page.
(2) Historical and Archaeological References:
- The works of Josephus Flavius – Penelope.uchicago.edu
- The scientific archives 1919-1948 (IAA) – (A great source)
- Bulletin of the Jewish Palestine Exploration Society (31 volumes, 1933-1967)
- PEF quarterly statements
- Jerusalem Archaeological sites – survey of sites, very useful (in Hebrew)
- Atiqot – publications of the IAA
- National Treasures – Rockefeller online collection
- List of artifacts in Biblical archaeology
- Hadashot Arkheologiyot: Excavations and Surveys in Israel on Jstor (very useful)
You can also see our timeline page – in our info page.
(3) Maps References:
- Survey of Western Palestine (19th C) (a must reference!) Vol1 (sheets 1-6) Vol2 (sheets 7-16) Vol3 (sheets 17-26) Other listings (Internet Archive)
- Archaeological Surveys of Israel (Hebrew; recommended!)
- Also in English (abstracts)
You can also see the maps for each region, and additional links in the maps info page.
- Hebrew & Greek dictionaries (KJV bible glossary)
- Arabic Glossary (useful)
(5) Mishna & Talmud references:
(6) Misc references:
Quran Arabic-English English translation with mobile-friendly interface
Reading ancient Roman coins useful for Roman numismatics
BibleWalks.com – walk with us through the sites of the Holy Land
This page was last updated on July 9, 2022 (correct links)