Home > Info
This page is an overview of web pages that provide background information for a selection of subjects that are referred in BibleWalks.com. These include biblical references and resources, historical summaries, archaeological information, educational links, with scripture references and more.
Info pages are grouped into the following subjects:
- Biblical subjects – The Tribes, Bible Searches, Biblical articles, Ark of Covenant
- History & Archaeological – Timeline, The Tel, Urbanization, Prehistoric sites
- Maps – a list of maps of the featured sites and useful maps
- Travel & Sports – Extreme sports, Museums
- People and the Bible – Etymology,Moshe Dayan, Elijah the prophet, Byzantine Monks, Crusaders, Nabateans, Deborah & Barak, St. Peter, Jesus footsteps and travel maps
- Ancient Structures – Aqueducts, Flour mills, Winepresses, Oil presses, Water systems, Roman roads & streets, earthquakes, mosaics
- Nature – Wild flowers, Birds, Trees
- Other Subjects – Glossary, References, Greek Initials
- Photography – Quadcopter aerial views
Select one of the info pages below:
(1) Biblical subjects:
- The Tribes – a description of the regions of the Tribes of Israel, emphasis on the Galilee tribes and mapping to the BibleWalks.com sites.
- Bible Search tools – useful utilities for searching words in the Holy books
- Biblical Articles – Articles written by our readers, related to Biblical subjects.
- Ark of Covenant – the ark and its Journeys NEW!
(2) History & Archaeology Info:
- Timeline – a chronological history of the Holy Land
- The Tel (mound) – story of the Tel (history, examples, animation)
- Trends in the urbanization of Ancient Israel
- Prehistoric sites – Early man sites
- IAA archives -The scientific archive 1919-1948 (external page)
- Maps – overview
- Regional sites – BibleWalks sites within each region
- Map of Israel – BibleWalks regions on the map of Israel
- Biblical & Historical maps – historical maps
- External Maps – external maps
(4) Sports and Travel:
- Extreme sports in biblical sites
- Museums – a review of regional museums related to biblical history and archaeology
- Travel Links – misc external resources
(5) People and the Bible:
- Etymology – Behind people’s names – explanation of persons’ names that appear in BibleWalks.com, with scripture references.
- Elijah the prophet – sites associated with Elijah
- Byzantine Monks – Monasticism in Judean desert
- Crusaders – The Crusades and their sites NEW!
- Nabateans – The Nabateans and their sites NEW!
- Deborah & Barak – Sites associated with the army chief Barak, son of Abinoam, and the prophetess Deborah who judged Israel at that time.
- St. Peter – Info on St. Peter, and map to associated with Peter
- Jesus – an overview page, points to the web pages that are reviewed in BibleWalks.com and focus on Jesus.
(6) Ancient structures:
Agriculture and Industry:
- Aqueducts – ancient water supply systems in the Holy Land
- Flour mills – water powered mills
- Winepresses – ancient winepresses
- Oil presses – olive oil production installations
- Water systems – water works in large Biblical cities
- Roman Roads – Roman roads between the cities
- Roman Streets – Roman streets inside the cities
- Earthquakes – Earthquakes in the Holy land
- Mosaics – an overview of mosaics in Biblewalks sites
- Airport Mosaics – display of 3 mosaic floors in Ben-Gurion airport
(7) Nature subjects:
- Wild Flowers – flowers, herbs and plants in BibleWalks sites
- Trees – trees and bushes in BibleWalks sites
- Birds – Birds of the Holy Land
(8) Other subjects:
- Glossary – lookup of terms, names, subjects that are commonly used in this web site.
- References – list of biblical, historical, geographical references.
- Greek Initials – explanation of common initials
- Rina – about our internal artist
BibleWalks.com – walk with us through the sites of the Holy Land
Navigation thru Info pages:
You can use the Nav-Bar at the bottom of each page to follow the info pages in a sequence.
>>>—-First Info page—->>> Tribes of Israel
This page was last updated on Apr 30, 2022 (Separate maps)